1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Shit, if we are that broke no wonder the incumbents are going down.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I saw my first "Warnock tried to run over his ex-wife with a car" ad on TV this morning. The GOP is playing through the whistle here in Georgia. They don't think Walker's a dunk.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Herschel Walker’s campaign, or more specifically the people behind it, makes me angriest of all. The white Georgia power structure was so infuriated by what Warnock’s election meant that they not only had to vote him out, they had to find a pliant, brain-damaged black man to serve as a Rastus caricature like a grotesque escapee from Birth of a Nation.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Walker is the greatest insult to our political intelligence ever. There’s always a Marjorie Taylor Greene, so I’m somewhat less offended by her. I’m moderately amused by imagining what Lauren Boebert’s high school classmates must think — “Never thought she’d wind up in Congress” — so I at least have the amusement factor there. Oz is an example of Americans giving outsized credit to anyone who’s ever been on teevee.

But Walker … he’s an insult. And if he somehow winds up in the United States Senate, the left frankly should be embarrassed, because that means they’re worse at politics than I thought. I keep reminding myself that Alabama (barely) didn’t send Roy Moore, and based on that, maybe there’s hope.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
    OscarMadison, UNCGrad, qtlaw and 3 others like this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

give the ball[ot] to leroy

Songbird and maumann like this.
  6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’d say, Go fuck yourself, but that would be mean.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think Detroiters are allowed to like Little Caesar's. They get a pass.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

There is no excuse for Little Caesar’s.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If I’m not mistaken, that’s not exactly what happened, right?

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

There is no excuse for S'barro's. There is no excuse for Imo's.

There is an excuse for Little Caesar's. When you want a hot pizza and you only have $7 and you need it now.

wicked and I Should Coco like this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There's no excuse for Herschel Walker even being a viable Senate candidate, let alone the actual seat holder. He's constantly lying about his life and held up a toy badge at a rally.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We have a male Trumper out this way(Skarlatos - he was on Dancing With The Stars) trying to portray himself as Obama's buddy, a climate change activist, pro-choice and anti-big Pharma, he's running ads against an experienced statewide woman, positioning himself as the more progressive option and he's running those ads on a sports talk station. Weird.

Even more ruthless - a dark money group of Trumpers spent more than $100k on mailers trashing the Democrat and promoting the Green party candidate, even using his campaign logo and the Green party's logo without permission.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted