1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Maura Healey elected Governor of Massachusetts. She's a Democrat, of course. Also the country's first lesbian governor, if anyone cares. Race was called one minute after polls closed.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Does Oregon get partial credit for having a governor who identifies as bi-sexual (she's married to a man). Knocked doors for her a few years back and people wanted to know who the guy was in the ads. "That's her husband."
    "But I thought....."

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Good for her. Of course, Idaho and South Carolina elected gay senators long before this.

wicked and Slacker like this.
  4. DanOregon

I don't know if we'll get solid exit polling on the election - I think a lot of the results will be state specific, but I am very interested in finding out the splits by age and gender. Latinos as well. I can see women over 60 and perhaps a fixed income being more freaked out about inflation than the Roe decision. And in general, most important issue by age and gender.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just loaded my plate with pizza in observance of media tradition. Nice to be here.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And how does one factor in mail-in voters?

7. DanOregon

8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I think Kornacki gets better at this every cycle. He knows his shit absolutely cold.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thinking the “youth” would be in line to vote on Election Day at 7 a.m.? Come on, man.

FileNotFound and Webster like this.
  10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Fuck this fucking fuck.

jr/shotglass and garrow like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm probably the oldest person on this board, and I sure as hell didn't vote at 7 a.m.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Suck it. I’m a man! I’m almost 40 and I voted at 6:53 this morning (yes I checked the time because I wanted to know how late I was going to be)! …

By dropping off my mail in ballot at a box on my way to school …

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted