1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Again, it's early, but this is her home county (Garfield).

race.PNG

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

Wave? Looking like a wash. With lots of cash spent.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Until I finally unsubscribed, I received an email every hour for two days from the Warnock campaign. I do not live in Georgia. I'm ashamed of where I do live, but it's not Georgia.
    The communication that pissed me off the most was a text message from the soon-to-lose Democratic candidate in my state. It was an appeal for money that read, "What do I have to do to convince you?" That was pathetic, demeaning and whiny.
    It's one thing to ask for your vote. It's another to ask for money like that.
    I still voted for the candidate because Trumpists are killing the country. But it made me think, "Stop acting like a child and a loser. The election is still months away." If that's the guilt-laden appeal the campaign is making, it's a bad campaign. And it has no chance.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2022
  5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Keep nominating batshit candidates like Ganahl, and they can keep expecting these results.

garrow and MileHigh like this.
  6. MileHigh

Yeah. Not enough rural voters left with the Denver-Boulder lock. O'Dea was actually somewhat sane. Ganahl had no shot. Though her primary opponent would have lost by 50.

Race just called for SOS here. Republicans put up a very sane and competent opponent but the incumbent SOS won re-election. This is a solidly blue state.

garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The GOP is pushing a new concept called Majority Certification.

They claim if they have a mathematical majority (50% plus 1) on the first day of the term, they can authorize their designated leadership (majority leader or Speaker of the House) to certify any required numerical majorities for the rest of the term -- on any grounds they see fit, including voice vote.

In other words, to pass any piece of legislation, they just need to call for a voice vote and announce, "the ayes have it," or the nays as the case may be, but for margin dependent votes -- veto overrides or impeachment -- all the party leadership needs to do is certify the margin threshold has been, in their opinion, reached -- there is no mechanism for disputing or appealing the certification. No roll call or paper vote is required.

So they can impeach Biden on Jan. 3, call for a voice vote for conviction, then say, "well, that sounds like 2/3 to me."

Yes, it's blatantly illegal. Yes, it's idiotic.
    Has that ever stopped them before?

Remember, Fatfuck owns the Supreme Court.

8. MileHigh

Lots of early celebrating on MSNBC.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Too much.

10. MileHigh

She's in serious trouble.
    race.PNG

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. MileHigh

Celebrating hitting a 16 and getting a 20 only for the dealer to flip a five-card 21.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would note (sadly) that Tim Ryan, who is pretty much everything Alma says the Democrats should look for in a candidate, is roundly getting his ass kicked in Ohio.

Hermes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted