1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Big Tent is coming down in Ozzyland.

Alma likes this.
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Sweep all three and the Senate is Manchin-proof.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I have been watching CNN and MSNBC. I think they are overestimating how many seats the Republicans will win.

In Colorado Brobert is toast. She represents Western Colorado. Her district is almost unique among Republicans. The largest metro area, Grand Junction, is heavily Republican. The less populated areasin the rest of district is actually Democratic. There are some Hispanic Native American voters who vote for the Dems and the district contains most of Colorado's very liberal ski towns. Her margins are down enough in the Grand Jucntion area that she will not carry the district.

Colorado also added an additional district in the reapportionment. In this reapportionment cycle Colorado used a commission that designed a seat north of Denver that was a swing district. The Democrat is winning.

That would be a pickup of two Dem seats \.

Also, New York, California and Oregon have liberal mail-in voting laws. The mail-in ballots that come after the election are usually heavily Democratic. In New York state, for example, Andrew Cuomo and Bill DeBlasio got into vitriolic argument immediately after the 2020 election blaming each other for losses the Dems suffered at the local level. But when all the votes finally got counted the Dems had done just fine,

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Them too.

Sea Bass likes this.
  5. Twirling Time

Evers re-elected in Wisconsin, but it remains to be seen if he can govern thanks to the statehouse races.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Dems might pick up a House seat in Washington state’s 3rd District (near Vancouver, Wash.)

The incumbent GOP congresswoman voted to impeach Trump and lost the primary to a total Trumper nut job. So far he’s losing to an unheralded Latina Democrat.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods, the MAGA clowns have lost in a landslide, 4-1 and now will crawl back under the rocks. Small sample but good nonetheless.

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I avoided a shutout with exactly one of my candidates winning.

9. Twirling Time

When's sunrise in Palm Beach? I expect a perp to be walking.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'd seen at least one expert saying the GOP was not going to get a super-majority, at least not in both houses.

11. Twirling Time

Tooter Dickson goes down in flames.

maumann likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Nevada elections are still a joke. How can a state that lives on numbers, either via setting odds or counting cards be so shitty at counting votes?

Draft saved Draft deleted