1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Nate Silver has lost his damn mind. Twenty-sixteen broke his brain. He’s been spending every hour watching his mentions and defending himself ever since.

maumann likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Meanwhile in Cali, yes to schools, yes to right to choose and yes to giving the finger to tobacco.

Sports betting crashed and burned (both of them), probably because both sides were great at convincing people the other side was evil.

Only thing is I think a Trumpist agent got on my district’s school board. We’ll see what happens. There were two running and one is losing good.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    “Not so easy, is it, buncha chucklefucks?”

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife was on the road last night and texted me about 8 p.m., asking how the election was going. I replied that I didn't know; I was watching hockey.
    I knew most results wouldn't be complete, and I didn't need a precinct by precinct breakdown across the country. I knew the results of the elections I voted in before I even cast my ballot, and I was correct.
    In fact, I didn't even check in here since before 6 p.m. yesterday.
    No results across the nation have surprised me.

wicked likes this.
  5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Pennsyltucky's looking pretty progressive this morning, isn't it? :)

qtlaw, garrow and Hermes like this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania chose to join the East Coast. Ohio chose to be Indiana.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it was choosing to be a part of the east coast versus being Indiana. I think it was about the candidates themselves. Mehmet Oz was such a clown candidate that he made another clown candidate in John Fetterman viable. It was a complete clown show and one clown had to win. If JD Vance had been the other clown on the ballot in PA instead of Mehmet Oz, I really suspect Vance would have won, maybe easily (certainly after the stroke questions became an issue).

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here ya go, Oz buddy--from a Scranton native

Jake from State Farm and maumann like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump controls whether Trump is on the bench.

I don’t see him benching himself, so it’d have to be indictments, jail, etc.

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I did just notice that the Nevada Senate race is separated by 22K votes with 72% reported.
    There are three independent candidates as was as "none of these" that has totaled 24K votes.
    These people deserve whatever they get.

And in the Georgia race, 80K have voted for the third party guy.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Well, I don't have near the problems with John Fetterman that you apparently do. Some concern over his recovery, but I've always liked what he brought to the table as PA liutenant governor.

Fred siegle and matt_garth like this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

You really need to be on the ground in Ohio and have lived there for 40 years to see the complete changing of the very fiber of the state. Growing up, we thought of ourselves as a Midwestern/Eastern state. The state, right down to its football team, thinks of itself as southern. Outside of Columbus, any connection to the state’s history of innovation has dried up as all the successful people leave. And then the stupidest of them leave when they age to the South they so want to be a part of, to be a blight there, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted