1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

On Fox & Friends Doocy kept saying: “There’s no red wave … yet.”
    But they did have guests who said this should show Trump his time has passed
    They also admitted abortion and democracy were bigger issues than they thought though crotchety old Newt Gingrich bemoaned the Democrats’ “distortion” on the latter issue

Roland of Gilead, garrow and maumann like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't forget Hillary. Can't have those talking points on days and nights when they're getting their butts kicked without bashing Hillary.

maumann and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Why does she think that early voting is nefarious?

garrow likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Because not all of them voted for her precious conservative candidate.

garrow likes this.
  5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

You have to go deep down into the QAnon election fraud rabbit hole, but early voting is a major aspect of GOP claims about supposedly stolen elections. It's nonsense but for creeping into mainstream Republican beliefs.

There was a major push this year to convince Republicans to wait to vote until election day and that would somehow prove/counter Dem fraud via early voting.

maumann likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Honest question: Has anyone on here every been polled? I haven't. Not prior to an election or an exit poll. And honestly, I don't know how I'd negotiate the interaction. Frankly, who I vote for and why is my business; that's why you use secret ballots. So the idea that people who participate in polls are being completely aboveboard strikes me as strange and intrinsically misguided, especially nowadays. Nobody wants to cop to what they truly feel for fear of the consequences.

Anyway, just my two cents about polling.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was polled once, in the early '90s, an automated call from Rasmussen of all places. It was, honest, about who I thought would win the baseball playoffs. This was before caller ID, natch.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maumann is this dude.
    1D03320C-CFEA-4773-AA72-51C4F872C629.jpeg

dixiehack and maumann like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While heading into work it was "looming Red Wave" "Dems Messaging Sucks" - I come out and it's totally different. Great reporting leading up to the election political hacks.

Trying to divine a national narrative on the midterms is a fools errand. Waiting for the media "setting up" the GOP with all the red wave nonsense the last week to depress GOP turnout conspiracy theory to bloom. Kevin always reminded me of "Speaker" Bob Livingston.
    The Speaker who never was - December 28, 1998
    ‘Knives are Out for Kevin McCarthy’: Fox News’ Jacqui Heinrich Reports GOP Drama Following Underwhelming Midterms

I think the GOP would rather have the Dems with a small majority, than have a small edge themselves - can you imagine needing to get whe Tin Foil Hat on board for everything?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've been polled a few times. Generally, I think it is to test campaign messaging, given the time when they happen.

12. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

MAumann doesn't particularly care for Auburn.

Draft saved Draft deleted