1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Ugh. Warnock up 37,000 votes on Walker and at 49.4 percent but 98.74 percent of votes tabulated. Damn you, Libertarians. And at least 18,000 people failed to chose either one.

More than 200,000 people who voted for Kemp decided they'd rather not have a brain-damaged football player represent them in the Senate. Too bad just a few more people weren't swayed.

56.8 percent of eligible voters cast ballots in Georgia. That's impressive for a midterm. But sad for our country.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the write-in candidate quality was so high this year

Fred siegle, matt_garth and maumann like this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

CNN calls Wisconsin for Johnson.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I read the map wrong. Carry on humans.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hey, the Libertarians are the ones who caused the last Georgia runoffs when the Democrats were trailing after Round 1. And those votes didn’t “come home” to the red team last time.

I Should Coco, qtlaw and maumann like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Me, from March of 2020:

"I got called by Rasmussen before the 2018 vote. I had a blast. She had her set of questions and I was to answer from one to five, an agree/disagree scale. So I'd give my five on Trump, and then explain what an idiot he was regarding the topic at hand.

I think she enjoyed it more than I did. She laughed a lot.

*edit* Called on my cell phone."

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Plus all the Trumpfuck statewide candidates went down to beautiful defeats, leaving the state in the hands of uppity women.
    In addition the abortion rights referendum took a sizable win, another bucket of shit down the throats of the Shiite Catholics. And also the anti-Trumpfuck voting rights amendment passed, and the Dems held control of the SCOTSOM, increasing the likelihood that stuff will be upheld in the courts.

It's almost like living in a free society or something.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Always a gentleman.

Jake from State Farm and garrow like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And hey, proto-Trumpist sleazepig Paul LePage got whupped pretty bad by incumbent Dem Gov. Janet Mills!

matt_garth likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Third-party people like this have always annoyed me, but even moreso now with the stakes so high.

Of course, it shouldn't be this close. Walker is a horrible candidate in every possible way. The entire state should be embarrassed that he got so many votes even if he does ultimately lose.

A close friend of mine moved there a little over a year ago. I'm supposed to talk to him later and I will be mocking him for his new state.

Of course, his old one wasn't much better. He moved there from Ohio.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    SFIND and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted