1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Urban Legends: From The Vanishing Hitchhiker to Wendy's Wormburgers and Beyond...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OscarMadison, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Dang snakes fall out of the trees into your boat.
    I always laugh at the guys who carry guns for just such a thing.
    "Uhhh, so if the snake falls into the bottom of your boat, you're going to shoot it. In the bottom... of your boat. You didn't do real well in school, did you?"

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Seven pages of urban legends and no one has mentioned Al Gore inventing the Internet?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They're not shooting the snakes with .44 Magnum hollow points. There is low-energy ammo you can use, specifically made for that sort of use, that'll take care of the snake without sinking the boat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snake_shot

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Herschel Walker would.

Hey, prove me wrong!

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

A brand new tricked out Nitro costs $73K. Ranger's top of the line for '23 is $105K. I wouldn't want to shoot anything anywhere near them.
    Oh, and getting shot with rat shot burns like hell!

Inky_Wretch and Batman like this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Pro wrestling one from 1992: The Ultimate Warrior had died and the Ultimate Warrior who closed out WrestleMania 8 was a fake because he was noticeably smaller (cough, cough, off steroids) than the original one.

OscarMadison and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Now that's a Renegade idea if I've ever heard one.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Speaking of WWF and death rumors. Was there one about Yokozuna liking someone in the ring?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yoko liking someone would have been quite a sight.

As far as killing, I’m not sure. The Great Khali, who also eventually became a WWE wrestler, saw his opponent die from a botched move during a match; but it was apparently the other guy’s fault.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

And that he's the nerdy friend from Wonder Years. (In reality, Manson is about 7 years older than Josh Saviano.)

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Eddie Haskell being a cop was not an urban legend. He was a cop. The urban legend was that Eddie Haskell was John Holmes.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I saw one of those crime shows teased this fact about whatever crime it was covering. I didn't stick around to watch

Draft saved Draft deleted