1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I feel pretty good about Kelly in Arizona, but Nevada is looking grim for the Dems. It will come down to a Georgia runoff again just to get to 50-50, and that sucks because Manchin.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

How did the left let it get to this?

gingerbread likes this.
  3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Jon Ralston, who is the S-Tier elections expert for Nevada, seemed to indicate that this evening’s first ballot dump out of Clark County might leave a path open for Catherine Cortez Masto.

garrow likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Can someone explain Nevada to me? I didn't get why Laxalt was polling as well as he was. I know it's red outside of Vegas and Reno, but he's also running against an incumbent.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd like to think the election results will give both Ds and Rs pause on how they connect (really don't connect) with Latino voters and women respectively - but sadly I think they'll come out of it thinking they just need to raise even more money next time.

7. DanOregon

PredictIt

People with money on the line seem to think Ds will keep Senate with Nevada and Georgia giving them a plus 1.

I do think the runoff favors Warnock in Georgia - as it did last time.1) if the best the Rs can get is a 50-50 WITH Walker, I doubt the Rs will be that enthusiastic investing much effort into his candidacy. Particularly since they seem ready to move on from Trump.

And my traditional - post election look to the 2024 Senate races shows the Rs unlikely to lose any seats given who is up and the Ds defending seats in NV, WI, PA, VA, MN, WV (Manchin!), AZ (Sinema!) MT, and MI.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  8. DanOregon

The video is funny - with several of the usual suspects being exposed to be the idiots that they are - but the comments at the end of the video are dead on. The narrative became detatched from the numbers. Wouldn't even be surprised if that was part of the strategy for the GOP, flood the zone with fake polling to create the narrative, depress D turnout and make perception become reality.

'I'm Sorry!' Chris Hayes Cackles After Watching Montage of Fox News Predicting 'Red Wave'

9. DanOregon

[​IMG]

Of course it's "GOP's men." They never learn.

Apologies for the multiple posts, just catching up. Slept all day - exhausted.

gingerbread likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Democrats have a poor history with Senate runoffs in Georgia. Max Cleland comes to mind. The last time was helped by both seats being on the ballot and a knucklehead president who basically told his voters to stay at home, because all elections were rigged anyway.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s more time for Walker to do something stupid or to find out something stupid he’s already done.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The entire country’s attention will be focused on Walker. The GOP may have him take a vacation on a Caribbean island for six weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted