1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I've always scoffed at the "Virginia Beaches 6 Miles" sign then the water crashing into some pretty high terrain. Best I remember from my time in Norfolk, the Virginia beaches were a little more than 6 miles from South Boston.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The key part of that sentence is "Although he offered no documentation"

It is still highly dubious.

SFIND likes this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Has Herschel always been this much of a d-bag, or is it from taking too many hits to the head?

maumann likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Ohio is too busy hating Michigan
    And vice versa

SFIND likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

She was squawking on Fox about the GOP’s big night in New York with congressional seats

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Democrats pushed too far with the redistricting in NY and got the districts thrown out by a judge. Maybe they should’ve been a little bit less aggressive.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That's the problem with no federal (consistent) oversite. A blue state gerrymanders, and it's thrown out. A red state gerrymanders, and it's good to go.

Tennessee's fifth district has been held by a Democrat since 1875. Davidson County got cracked over three districts in the redraw, and now the seat is R.
    The balance for the state is 8 R, 1 D, and that's only because they can't figure out how to bust up Memphis.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    matt_garth and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No shock. This tweet was stupid. It makes me think the only info in which it was based was this guy’s 9th grade algebra and the assumption that every precinct would produce the same vote shares for each candidate as it had produced to that point.

MileHigh likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

“Out on the road today, I saw a Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.”

gingerbread likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don’t think it was Little League, as that had just started a few years earlier. It looked more like kids playing sandlot ball, which was more common back then. And it’s in Hawaii, which has warm weather in December.

Now, the 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday thing, you’ve got me there.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Something Scarborough and others have said - there is no Dem presence in Florida as far as party infrastructure.
    That is why they lose elections in Florida, and why people like Karen Finney get paid to 'analyze it'.
    If DeSantis is going to tilt the table that much he better win in a rout.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

After 12 hours, the SOS site has updated.

Boebert leads by 386.

Draft saved Draft deleted