1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sure it will! Didn't Abbott eliminate rape in Texas?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Not a single vote put to the public about abortion has resulted in a ban or other limitations, and by my count that includes three red states. Might be four.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Former Trump Official Warns ‘Kevin McCarthy is in Serious Trouble’ for House Speaker Role

Can you imagine having to depend on Gaetz, Marge and the like to stay in line and not somehow hand the gavel back to the Dems? I can see it now on CSpan, they have the votes and you see more than enough defections from the assumed next GOP Speaker - frantic negotiations ensue etc. I can see this ending up with Scalise being the House Majority Leader and having someone like Gary Palmer ending up with the gavel. He's part of the Freedom Caucus, Chair of the GOP House Policy Committee and most importantly 68, so I doubt anyone feels threatened by him.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

How about them turning flamethrowers on each other?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd buy a ticket.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Inside GOP meetings today.

BTW - The House Freedom Caucus is meeting today and will conclude with a special ddinner featuring keynote speaker Tucker Carlson!

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's awful that Roe v. Wade was overturned. Never should have happened. Two stolen SCOTUS seats is why. Makes me as angry as the ruling.

From a purely political perspective (which sucks because millions of people are negatively affected), this is an issue that will drive Dems to the polls in every election until it's rectified. The GOP had this issue for 50 years and drove its turnout. Now it's the other way around.

And thank you Gen Z for turning out. They have to be listened to now. And hopefully they'll start bringing new, younger leadership to the Dems.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fatfuck will be SOTH. To put him in the on-deck circle.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If you go to the Fox News website, there is no mention of Trump. DeSantis, Christie, McCarthy, etc. No Trump.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There's even a Hunter Biden mention!

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

To make it even better, I just checked out Breitbart. They have some Trump vs. DeSantis stories, and in the comments section the base collapse is well underway.

Draft saved Draft deleted