1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You also could have included Adlai Stevenson in that smart group. He lost twice.

As I said, not going to brush off the oh-so-valuable political science degree and argue this again.

Let's go back to hoping the still-to-be-counted Maricopa County votes don't elect Kari Lake.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

However, it's starting to look like those who overlook Biden's political acumen and instincts do so at their own risk.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You can really weed out the yahoos by noticing who calls the president Brandon. They have nothing else.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My uncle, a navigator in a Liberator, was shot down and bailed out upside down through the nose gear. A German soldier stole his boots, but protected him from being pitchforked by the populace. He was in Jimmy Stewart's wing, and showed me reunion photos through the years.

My other uncle was on his way to the Italian front when a Jewish sargent pulled him out for Graves Registration. He never talked about the war, ever. For years I had his GI-issue blanket at camp.

My dear friend's Dad was a gunner in a B-24. They took anti-aircraft fire and the pilot said to bail. He did, and watched as the plane flew back to base. He spend over a year in a POW camp and never talked about it.

My Dad was too late to serve (1946) after college, but did send several thousand dollars to a friend in Australia in 1968 when he has afraid the government would collapse.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Going great in MAGA world.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

He's gonna do his best to burn it all down. They had their chance to rid themselves of him after Jan. 6 and they refused. They going to try now but they're not going to be able to do it. How long until Fox News and the WSJ start calling for Garland to indict just to get him away?

wicked and Driftwood like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

You'd think he'd think Young Kin sounds like Young Kim and is thus Korean, since he's one of his buddies and all that.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This morning I think I saw the first sign of what might possibly be the true turn. A complete and total MAGA guy, who I also still seem to get along with well despite his MAGAness, quoted the above photo in a tweet and posted:

"More ignorance from Trump. I’ll take @GovRonDeSantis or @GovernorVA over Trump any day!"

This poster was FULL TRUMP MAGA until Wednesday morning, and then this morning. It's like he never supported Trump.

Is this going the way of the horrible people who say, "Hitler was fine at first and did a lot of good things, but then he went too far"?

Fuck them. I'll never forget.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump ... Musk ... can we wrap Stephen Miller into that shit-filled cannoli and run it in the garbage disposal for a few minutes?

maumann likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He has done one-on-ones. But mainly with despicable people like Clay Trumpist, who has taken it upon himself to boost the campaign.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Third party candidates are easy to blame because we see big numbers and can do the math easily. What about the people who didn’t vote? At least third party voters made a choice.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And the Democrats were mean to Bernie!

Draft saved Draft deleted