1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

My dad (too young, so served during Korea) had 4 brothers in the military during WWII. Amazing thinking about what his mom went through.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Carter is one of the more fascinating politicians of the past 100 years. Elected on the “aw, shucks” vibe after Watergate. The best and most humanitarian ex-POTUS ever. But while in office, he was a SOB. To everyone from his partisans in Congress to his secret service detail. Weird.

dixiehack, Liut, garrow and 4 others like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You ever get the impression that Hillary's "problem" was that she was the political equivalent of the four-year All-American in college hoops who is downgraded by scouts because they've seen everything, while fawning over a high school project who has "upside" and a higher ceiling?

WriteThinking likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Agreed. In a massive tome on the Carter presidency, former staffer Stu Eizenstat wrote about how often pursued Carter pursued policies which antagonized the old-line Dems whether intentionally or not....and Carter was simply too conservative for liberals and too liberal for conservatives.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

MAGAs say Clinton is as much of an election denier as Trump. I point out that Clinton conceded within 48 hours in 2016. They say it was a meaningless gesture because “all she did was complain about it being stolen from her”

I don’t remember her filing 60-plus lawsuits, pressuring state election officials to find votes, trying to get the Vice President to stop the certification and sending a mob to the Capitol to overturn the election.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes. Huge get. He'll really improve things over at NYT. Axios does such good work. I really admire their approach to political coverage.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They're looking for Aleppo. Or Alpo. Whatever.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The headline in the latest AP story about Arizona says:

Dems maintain narrow leads in Arizona Senate, governor races

Kelly is ahead by 116,000 votes and nearly six full percentage points. Narrow lead my ass.

Even Hobbs has pulled ahead by 27K, not an inconsequential number as the amount of outstanding votes continues to get smaller.

10. HanSenSE

Was a young Kim won of the entries in that beauty pageant where he walked into the contestants changing room?

11. HanSenSE

The concession speech has always been difficult for her. She didn't concede to Obama until all the primaries were over, even though he had it clinched.

wicked likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We now take you live to the GOP caucus meeting where leader McConnell is set to address his party members.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted