1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hey the ding bat lost the Arizona Secretary State race

garrow and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It was, and it was better for the Democrat than most recent returns from Trumpist locales. So while her deficit grew, it's under control.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hoping the Fox klan's abandonment of their lord and savior has some staying power this time.

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I know we all like to retry Hillary vs. Bernie vs. Trump here. I get that. Even when we do it over and over again.

I will say, obviously everything would've been better with Hillary as president. But Covid still probably would've changed everything in 2020, perhaps the other way. Even though we all know Hillary would've handled it better, it still would've been terribly rough, and imagine the narratives as she came to re-election.

She already wasn't likeable. 2020 would've been really, really tough to hold in that scenario.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And nobody would have listened to her about Covid anyway.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe I’m naive, but regardless of what happens in Nevada (and lookin’ good for Dems now) I would hope Dems would turn out in force to elect Warnock in Georgia.

It’s a six-year seat in what was recently a very red state. And I disagree with a previous post. I think Abrams will help a lot. She’s still a force in the party. Just can’t beat Kemp.

And if the Dems already have 50, I would think GOP turnout would be down, because Walker is a shitty candidate.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Also, beating Walker would repudiate another Trump pick, with Oz and Masters. Damn, damn, damn on JD Vance.

garrow, HanSenSE and Killick like this.
  8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Cortez Masto trails by 821

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

If Cortez Masto and Warnock are reelected then Manchin is marginalized.

I also think that Kelly's win will embolden Arizona Democrats to primary Kyrsten Sinema. The argument that a Democrat has to be a conservative to win in Arizona goes out the window.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sinema was absolutely going to be primaried regardless of the result in this election. Ruben Gallego is going to run against her and probably kick her ass in the primary. In a poll earlier this year she had the remarkable distinction of having an "unfavorable" rating above 50% in literally every single demo.

(And to be clear: Sinema was in no way a conservative candidate. She was a bisexual atheist known for wearing pink tutus to anti-war protests. Then she got elected and discovered she could get rich by voting against everything she claimed to support.)

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Said The Fabulous Sports Babe circa., mid-1990s.

vicd likes this.
  12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton wasn't an election denier in the sense of truly refusing to accept the results, as Trump has done.

She just took a while conceding to Trump because she simply couldn't believe the results -- so stunned was she that she just could not wrap her head around them. It wasn't that she was refusing to; she just, honestly, couldn't do it. Because she was honestly and fully invested in the race. To put it in emotional terms, she cared.

That's something else Trump hasn't done.

Draft saved Draft deleted