1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. Yeah, that is definitely a caveat. I guess if all of the new NY congresspersons want to have one term, they'll jump on board. Only will take a few rational people to stop the nonsense.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is a non-zero chance that a Dem is speaker come January.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Welp, my last post aged well.

The speed at which Nevada was won will trigger a shitload of Meal Team Six, I fear.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Looks like about a 23% chance of Dem House control right now. So not nothing!

6. Twirling Time

Even if not, McCarthy (or more likely someone else after he is booted to the curb) will be even more beholden to the loonies in his caucus, which will further marginalize the party for 2024.

garrow and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And the Freedom Caucus could fuck it up and run someone else and with the margin being one or two seats could dumbass their way into Pelosi being speaker.

8. Twirling Time

Like Scalia, Thomas can make an appointment with the My Pillow guy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tell you one thing: If a MAGAsshole like Jim Jordan gets Speaker of the House, the Secret Service better quadruple the protection around Biden and Harris. Because someone will whisper the line of succession into the ear of a whacked-out 3 percenter, Qrackhead or Proud Boy and there will be assassination attempts. Mark my words.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The Everybody Gets a Trophy generation has finally earned its trophy, 100 percent.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Impeachment is nothing but a show trial. It was for Clinton and it was twice for Trump. The party bringing the charges never had a chance of conviction but I suppose it made them feel good somehow. They can impeach their asses off. It won't do a damn thing.

Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted