1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I like how you described The Villages, but does anyone here know anyone who lives there? I do. My brother-in-laws gay sister moved there with her partner of at least 30 years, maybe 6-7 years ago? Is it really prejudice they brought with them? Or enlightenment?

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Regardless how many raw votes Trump got in any election the best he did was capture 46.8 percent of the vote.....1.5 less than Kerry did in '04 against an incumbent.

tea and ease likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

They sure did if they moved there from anyplace in Michigan north of 8 Mile.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  5. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Like x 2000

rtse11 likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the thriller movie, right about now is the time Fatfuck and Rupert decide they'd each be better off with the other one gone ... completely.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Rupert isn't single handedly responsible for Trump, but the Post and later Fox News did lots of lifting. I have a hard time believing Rupert is cutting bait after 40 years.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He's certainly confusing the "talent" of his various and despicable media properties. What's Fox and Friends to do when the lord and savior calls in unprompted?

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There is a number of voters Trump brought to the polls that didn’t vote previously or were even Obama voters from 2008. I’ve seen that phenomenon in Indiana, where Obama unbelievably won in 2008. Blue collar, rural disenchanted voters. I just don’t think it’s a big enough number to offset all the moderates he has pushed blue in suburban collar counties in key cities like Philly. The overturn of Roe put that into hyperdrive.

George W. Bush built a much bigger tent than Trump. Trump just got lucky in that he faced a more polarizing opponent in Clinton.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

The only thing The Villages has going for it is one pretty good restaurant. Every time I leave the city limits I secretly hope a meteorite strikes and pulverizes the whole place.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not a city, so there are no city limits.

I'd say for a population with mega (not MAGA) time on its hands, the 3,000 social clubs, 700+holes of golf and dozens of recreation centers would indicate it has a lot going for it.

The place was created for them, not you.

BTW, a rabid Democrat friend of mine moved there a few weeks ago. So there's at least one. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

new phone who dis

Draft saved Draft deleted