1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Here come the woman
    Crazed look in her eye
    Raised on TV
    With hate on her mind
    Tweets as weapons
    Sharper than knives

Makes you wonder how the other half die
    How the other half die
    Makes you wonder, wonder, wonder

Here come the man with a long red tie
    Head full of nothing but full of pride
    Look at them go, look at them kick
    Makes you wonder how they don't get sick

Donald inside
    The Donald inside
    Every single one of them
    The Donald inside

Donald inside
    Every single one of them
    The Donald inside

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If we just vote for ______, they’ll ______, and crime will ________.

Fill in the blanks.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

At this point you’re Michael Scott putting his finger through his fly and pretending it’s his dick.

Mr. Sluggo and Fred siegle like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's a 19th century American political saying, "a loaded six-gun beats any hand in the deck." Trump's got the loaded six-gun in the GOP. He doesn't care about the party. He doesn't care that all those Trumpy candidates lost and he doesn't care if they lose again in 2024. He's willing to do any amount of damage to the party if it helps his ego. This wouldn't mean much except that he has a core (nobody knows how big, but in our knife edge electorate anything over five percent is a huge force) of supporters who feel the same way. They've found the man who's their inner nihilist come to life.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that’s exactly right. The question becomes; How do you peel some of these folks away from nihilism and anarchic spirit?

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm generally optimistic, so...
    Trump candidates lost for multiple reasons including them being shitty candidates and people turning out to vote for democracy but also because the Trump effect has worn thin and his followers - who were not followers of politics and government - have moved on.
    I base that on the declining amount of pro-Trump or anti-Biden t-shirts, caps, and flags I see.
    Trump was sort of like Duck Dynasty and with the same base. It was a fad. It hit during a perfect storm and cost the country dearly, but I believe by '24 the well will have dried up.

garrow, maumann, TigerVols and 2 others like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You can't. If the history of our country teaches us anything, it's that anarchic spirit has been a constant. But before Trump, the people like that were largely apolitical and wholly unorganized. If he fades from the scene, which is a possibility, I don't see them coalescing around some new hero just because the GOP tells them he's the One. IMO the horrified reaction of the party to Trump in 2015 was one thing that drew his supporters to him. "This guy pisses EVERYBODY off! That's great."

maumann and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LMAO!

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When counting up the things that give the GOP the slimmest of advantages in the House, don’t forget SCOTUS putting a thumb on the scale to block the creation of additional minority-majority districts in Alabama and South Carolina that math and precedent said should be added. That move in turn gave DeSantis impunity to disassemble Al Lawson’s majority-black district in north Florida.

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted