1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Adrian Edmonson (The Comic Strip) will always be my favorite John Major. The Crown feels so...Chekhovian? I watch it hoping for a bright spot when life lets up on someone, anyone, and it just gets drearier. I'm surprised Spencer and Markle were so anxious to marry into that family.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait. Sick Boy was John Major? I only saw like two Major scenes but had no idea. Mind blown emoji!!!

garrow likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I get Charles and Diana is the thing everyone wants to see from the Crown, but the show was much, much better when it focused on Elizabeth.
    Last night, wife had it on and I was making dinner. I missed probably 10 minutes or so of the episode involving the split and the recorded phone conversation and I don't feel like I missed anything from the show.
    Also, it feels like they made some deal with the Royals to at least mention the good things Charles tried to do as prince (and he did some under the radar good things) but it is just shoehorned in. After going into detail what he wants to do with Camilla (ew, BTW. That's not an image I wanted) they show him starting a trust to help kids as an end credits scene. It's just meh.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He was also briefly married to Angelina Jolie after they made Hackers.

TigerVols and garrow like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not even two stars of one of my favorite films (Ronin), namely Jonathan Pryce and the still gorgeous Natascha McElhone, helped much. Nothing in this season with the wallop of "Olding" or "Aberfan."

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Slow Horses is really good.

I have to watch it with subtitles, though.

TigerVols, garrow and sgreenwell like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I just finished the first book - strong recommend as well.

garrow and Scout like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It’s my favorite series in at least the past year. Just a fun story and great acting.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Mythic Quest is back, baby!

garrow likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Started season 5 of The Crown. McNulty is way, way too good looking to play Charles.

garrow likes this.
  11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Even in my rewatch, I can't watch Aberfan. I bawled the first time.

Still only halfway through season 5 so far. I agree with the underwhelming assessment. But I also think it might be because the Big Thing isn't happening until Season 6.

garrow likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Walking Dead finally staggered to its end tonight...sort of.

The series finale was tonight, but they have three sequel series with characters from the show on the way next year. The finale was good, but not great. It doesn't live up to the final issue of the comic or the early seasons of the show, but I don't regret putting the time into the final few episodes.

Draft saved Draft deleted