1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 and OscarMadison like this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's a 551-vote difference this morning with a couple of stragglers left. A recount is coming, but the result is almost assured to stand.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fraud! Totally rigged election.

HanSenSE, OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They lost me here.

Nikki Haley?
    Tim Scott?
    Ron fucking DeSantis? That wouldn't be the same Ron DeSantis who did everything he could to obscure that his government was letting its citizens die from COVID so bu$ine$$e$ could make cash, would it?

Whoever wrote that editorial and included DeSantis' name in it should quit. Now.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll give you that -- a point which makes up about 1.8 percent of the entire op-ed. There are a lot of salient points made around that one questionable item.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Good. Bobo and Marge can help lead the R's in the House to glory in the 2024 election. Their leadership is very dependable. Forgive me if I hope they lead their party off a cliff.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It undermines the credibility of the piece. I expect better from the NYT (but perhaps I shouldn't out of their editorial pages, given the track record).

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I almost have to admire the Republicans for warming over the Hunter Biden stuff *again*, after no one really gave a shit in two previous election cycles. It's like they'll willingly chase anything that distracts them from just appealing to some independent or undecided voters.

maumann, HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

“He used us to win the White House. We had to close our mouths and eyes when he said things that horrified us,” Evans told the newspaper. “I cannot do that anymore.”

No, you twit. You didn't HAVE close your mouths. You chose to do so.

Draft saved Draft deleted