1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Is it getting better?
    Or do you feel the same?
    Will it make it easier on you now?
    You've got someone to blame

You say, one term, one coup
    When it's one need in the right
    One hate you got to share it
    Leaves you baby if you don't care for it

Did I disappoint Q?
    Or should I have punched you in the mouth?
    You act like you never had love
    And you want me to go without
    Well it's too late tonight
    To drag the past out into the light
    We're American but we're not the same
    Don't want some to marry each other, marry each other
    Dumb!

Have you come here for submissiveness?
    Have you come to diss the dead?
    Have you come here to play Jesus?
    For the goobers dressed in red?

Did you steal too much? More than a lot
    You gave us nothin' now it's all we got
    We're American but we're not the same
    We voted against you then we'll do it again

swingline and I Should Coco like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Which is why he’ll get no shit from his klan. The worse you are as a human, the more they love you.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Excepting the part about any books, exactly. Pence should testify, and should speak openly about almost anything anybody asks him regarding Trump and whatever went on in the White House during their administration outside of any testifying. Who cares about precedents? Trump set all kinds of bad ones, that need to be talked about and recognized by and known to as many people as possible. Pence is in a uniquely great position to be a strong source, and probably, the good guy in the whole mess.

Say out loud what Trump said and did, and what you thought and what you were or were not afraid would happen.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Immunize Pence's ass and compel his testimony. Lock his ass up if he refuses.

I'm talking about DOJ, not the select committee. The select committee is done like dinner.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Pence can sit and spin on his saying he won't comply with Congressional testimony. Executive branch blah, blah, blah.
    It's called checks and balances.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, this is bullshit, is it not?

U.S. moves to shield Saudi crown prince in killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi

The Biden administration declared Thursday that the high office held by Saudi Arabia’s crown prince should shield him from lawsuits for his role in the killing of a U.S.-based journalist, a turnaround from Joe Biden’s passionate campaign trail denunciations of Prince Mohammed bin Salman over the brutal slaying.

The administration said the prince’s official standing should give him immunity in the lawsuit filed by the fiancée of slain Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi and by the rights group he founded, Democracy for the Arab World Now.

The request is non-binding and a judge will ultimately decide whether to grant immunity. But it is bound to anger human rights activists and many U.S. lawmakers, coming as Saudi Arabia has stepped up imprisonment and other retaliation against peaceful critics at home and abroad and has cut oil production, a move seen as undercutting efforts by the U.S. and its allies to punish Russia for its war against Ukraine. ...

Biden as a candidate vowed to make a “pariah” out of Saudi rulers over the 2018 killing of Khashoggi.

“I think it was a flat-out murder,” Biden said in a 2019 CNN town hall, as a candidate. “And I think we should have nailed it as that. I publicly said at the time we should treat it that way and there should be consequences relating to how we deal with those — that power.”

But Biden as president has sought to ease tensions with the kingdom, including bumping fists with Prince Mohammed on a July trip to the kingdom, as the U.S. works to persuade Saudi Arabia to undo a series of cuts in oil production.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Everybody who asks Biden a question at the next presser should identify themselves as "Jamal Kashoggi." Of course they won't, but they should."

wicked and TigerVols like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder if part of that is to shield the office of POTUS from future lawsuits. If we let heads of state be sued by our citizens, then what is to stop foreign nationals for suing ours?

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. But Biden can get away with it - and even have people make bizarre excuses for it - because he's not Trump. Being Not Trump - and Biden's better than Trump, yes he is - has its perks.

Draft saved Draft deleted