1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Mike Pence is done like dinner. He pissed off the Trumpers for obvious reasons, and he pissed off the anti-Trumpers by being his VP for 4 years.

Pence's thinking he has any viability in 2024 may be more delusional than Orange Julius. There is no needle that he can thread.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL. That's what Mother says, too!

[​IMG]

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Why do they always look like they've gone to the morgue and peeled off some faces to wear?

aliens.jpg

TigerVols, dixiehack and garrow like this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Ok, look, Mr. Bond, we're--like, not that different, right? A lot of people confuse me with you, believe me? So you're always with Eastern European ladies in exotic locales, and I guess you know that is my background too, right? You know, Eastern Europe, they used to call it the bloc, you know, like Jennifer Lopez, and it is really very close to Russia which is a great place. Very good leadership. Very strong. So since I believe I have you cornered, I'm gonna like confess to what I have been up to since 1987, ok? I've been working for Russia. Shocking, right? I guess it's not shocking at all....but nobody in Moscow or in Trump Tower believed how many Americans would get in line....right?"

[​IMG]

matt_garth and OscarMadison like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've been reading a lot of Carl Sagan again recently, and a quote of his from 1995 really sticks out today (and not just because I like the word "bamboozle"):

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we've been bamboozled long enough we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We're no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It is simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we've been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back."

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    maumann likes this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

See also Wall Street - who cares if a stock is overinflated and bogus - if you can make cash on it. Cash in.

Draft saved Draft deleted