1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

To use TFG's term, the laptop is a nothingburger.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The whole point of this is that they refused to pitch to the Republicans in at least the first at-bat.

And I agree that a lot of this so far is a big "meh," but I guess I'm more willing to see where Taibbi is going with it instead of dismissing it out of hand. Another point of telling this story is, when it's all said and done, I think it'll show how much control politicians were exerting on a major communications platform that purported to embrace free speech. This email, for example, is interesting (even if it's not particularly damning) in how it reflects the attitudes of Democratic lawmakers. Their attitude is basically, "Anything that disagrees with our viewpoint is dangerous misinformation and disinformation and should be moderated."
    The arrogance and danger of that attitude from people in power — especially when they had a hotline to the Twitter moderators and weren't afraid to use it — should send a shiver down everyone's spine.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Trump had no business being in office in the first place. Anything to get him out of office or prevent him from being re-elected, is a-ok with me.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

called it on page one.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

this is such a problem, excusing anything and everthing “cuz Trump” and pretending the powerful aren’t gonna keep right on abusing whatever the subject is long afterwards

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Abjectly
    Lamenting
    Media
    Amorality

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You think Twitter had an obligation to put the laptop story out there and let the voters decide?

Trump could have been re-elected if that happened.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What were the conditions to which Taibbi agreed?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Does this mean Elon will be releasing the pee tape next Friday?

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No. Tom Arnold is the one who has those tapes. IIRC it's more than one. He had a show about it.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The problem with this tweet is that it doesn't quote anyone. It references the interpretation of one person - Szabo - regarding the elected officials' supposed beliefs.

What if Szabo is wrong? Or lying?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

0 for 3 in a sense. Trump’s first impeachment was a non starter too.

now - I’d agree that the right’s fixation with him is childish. Because Trump *is* worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted