1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Well, it should be 60% white.

Aren’t we the most diverse country in the world when it comes to people of color?

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

They can thank Allison Grodner for that.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

That story is from two years ago. And, it's after CBS has had network-wide issues with sexism and racism, whether we're talking about Les Moonves or "Bull" or Charlie Rose, and probably a bunch of stuff that never made it out to the public. FWIW, I don't really think it matters - a good show is still going to be a good show. "Ghosts" has a diverse cast and it's delightful. Even Chuck Lorre manages to cast diverse shows.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Finally had a chance to check out "Reboot," and holy fuck, Judy Greer is still bringing the heat. Wife and I watched the first two episodes last night, and will quickly binge through the other six. It hasn't been picked up for season two yet - I'm guessing cost might be an issue, given all of the names attached to it.

Gutter likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do like a more diverse Survivor cast, changes the dynamics noticeably.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Anyone know why Josh Lucas (40ish John Dutton) is uncredited in "Yellowstone?" Or have I just missed his name in the credits?

Nice gig inbetween the Home Depot commercials voiceover.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"Tulsa King" is good mindless TV. Also excited for the return of "Mayor of Kingstown" in January. Fine job, Paramount+

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Tulsa King is the Steel Panther of TV shows. I’m sure it’s a parody. But it takes itself so completely seriously that I’m not sure it’s a parody. But there is no way it can be serious because it’s so absurd.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Tulsa King's most absurd lines:

Dwight: The fact that it's barely 11 am and you got a buzz to kill makes me question your work ethic.
    Bodhi: I'm selling weed, not operating a nuclear reactor.

------

Bad Face: You ever been on a horse?
    Dwight: You ever been on life support

------

Dwight: You know, someone's got to slap some good grammar into your mouth and that's gonna be me.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think you go into a Sly Stallone production expecting great wordsmithing. But I still think it's a decent mindless watch, and hopefully there will be more Dana Delany.

garrow likes this.
  11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

It's Taylor Sheridan. It's surprising if it's not well-written.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

The show is absurd and ridiculous. I'm not saying it's bad ...

Draft saved Draft deleted