1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

MAGA thinks everyone - inside and outside the cult - is dumb. Why would Elon Musk think any differently?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this fucking guy, a thread

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So that’s it then. Going full Goebbels and repeating a lie over and over until it’s accepted as truth. Nice country we had here.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

My entire news feed is 18-hour-old tweets from people I don't even follow. How do I fix this?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple, actually. Create lists composed of people you actually want to read. Use them and never go to your main feed. I have them for aviation, my community, weather, and war in Ukraine and I'm happy with what I find in my lists feed.

PCLoadLetter, Inky_Wretch and Azrael like this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't really spend a lot of time on Twitter, but I do this too. Sports and trading. Which is why I was shaking my head yesterday at the @Alma "And Twitter is what it is - a beloved treasure of the left" narrative.

Near as I can tell, there are a boat load of people who use Twitter the way you (and I) do. They have a niche they are interested in, whether it is cars, cooking, marketing, economics, politics, whatever. And they find the active tweeters related to whatever it is they are interested in. I never look at politics tweets; the only time I do is when people post them on here. Just because that is a particular obsession of one person, doesn't mea that is what everyone is getting from Twitter. I think of it more as a gazillion little niches.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I take the opposite approach and follow everything and everyone.

Or at least as many everythings and everyones I can keep track of.

It's a pretty great story generator in that way; and a sometimes infuriating education in other ways of thinking and being.

I won't go full Soledad, but the wider I cast my net the more interesting the 'net becomes.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How's the Christmas tree doing?

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When you've lost the Angel of Death ...

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If you listen to them its better than the 30 Rock tree

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner