1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

InfraGard Weak!

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Positively 5th Avenue"

What's that Don?
    They stole the electron?
    Before they beat the cops
    And after you used a Bible and flag as props
    You can't think of a single prayer
    For a Republican, that's so rare

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Can we just say fuck Florida?

If DeSantis decides to run for president while remaining governor, it will likely require a change to Florida law. Florida currently says state officeholders must resign their positions if they run for a federal office. But Republican lawmakers, including state Senate President Kathleen Passidomo, say don't worry about the law—the legislature will repeal it. "When you think about it," Passidomo recently told reporters, "if an individual who ... is a Florida governor is running for president, he should be allowed to do it. "

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's actually a good law.

Not so good it can be trashed so easily.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Uncle Mitt must be so proud, especially after she dropped the family name

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The law is good. Repealing it because it's inconvenient for one person is BS.
    I guaran-dang-tee you that if the gov had a D behind his name and wanted to run for office, they wouldn't change it.

garrow likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Please do not point out how terrible she is at her job. That’s a Butch Jones-esque gravy train we need to keep rolling.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think it's actually smart politics for DeSantis to do this. He's termed out by 2026. If he runs for President in 2024 and wins, who cares if he was Governor of Florida during the campaign. If he runs and loses, especially if he loses the Republican nomination, he returns to Tallahassee as a super lame duck, like a lame duck who also has some terminal duck disease.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Keep telling your people elections are a joke, and they'll stop voting. That should work out well.

Patchen and Smallpotatoes like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Tell me sir

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted