1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elon Musk takes over Twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I guess if you repeat the lie enough people start to accept it as truth. Well done, Goebbels.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He was refusing to go on those shows (and right-wing radio, etc.) after awhile, and even after trump was gone. Which I think was a mistake.

Yes, he'd be playing all kinds of defense, but you can turn defense into offense quickly if you have a bushelful of facts on your side. Show them where they're wrong. Their listeners are the ones not getting jabbed. They need to be convinced. Preaching to the choir on CNN and MSNBC every night wasn't accomplishing much of anything.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ah, so the Overton Window has shifted to the point that Qanon believers who want to prosecute Fauci for doing his job are “conservative leaning.”

4. Regan MacNeil

Deleting comments calling for the death of (((JEWS))) clearly shows a liberal slant.

BitterYoungMatador2 and SFIND like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

All I know is that when I look at Twitter now, every third post mentions Musk, its really boring. It's like I've been involuntarily forced to sift through the social media of a junior high school girl.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

why are you propagating the woke mind virus how many cool points do you need

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’ll do neither of those so I guess that’ll be it for me. And many others. I’m already looking at Twitter a lot less. Probably go the same way as Facebook for me. I maybe open it 1-2 times a week.

Also: my feed sucks now. Tried switching from “home” to “latest tweets” a few times. No improvement. Too lazy to make lists.

I clicked on a tweet of a transit guy I follow. Now I get all of his tweets every time i refresh.

Hey Elon, nice going, dickface.

Fred siegle, garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Regan MacNeil

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That reads like a mock ransom note.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

https://www.bookforum.com/print/260...used-argument-for-a-post-racial-society-23610

Something is happening out there in the dark fields of “the discourse.” Incoherence is now a virtue. Rather than irony, modesty, discernment, ambivalence, or the mental sprightliness needed to parse conflicting views, a proud refusal to make solid arguments may be the cure for our divided times. Incoherence strikes a blow to partisan bickering and campus groupthink. Incoherence recoils from “tribes.” If an opinion sounds half-baked, or a claim brashly obtuse, it’s simply plowing through your pieties and wrenching open your padlocked mind. Incoherence is courage, incoherence is pluralism, incoherence is an ideological opera full of swordfights and forbidden love. Incoherence thrills and exhausts people; in this way, it resembles thinking.

matt_garth likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dumb Dumb!

garrow likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Can't just say "a liberal slant, which it never acknowledged but which was obvious to all." and not support the assertion somehow.

The "obvious to all" is a crutch.

Used here and by Musk and Taibbi and Weiss and Shellenberger and Greenwald.

Prove it. Demonstrate it.

In fact, define "liberal" in that construction.

Or fuck off.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
Draft saved Draft deleted