1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charity Challenge 2022

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Good morning, everybody!

With two weeks left in the year, let's start our 2022 matching drive!

My semi-anonymous colleague and I will match your donations up to a total of $2500 between now and December 31.

The usual conditions and stipulations apply. Make your donation and post the receipt. We'll match it until we run out of money.

Same for volunteerism (post your hours) and plasma / platelets / blood donations (subject to personal health and pandemic conditions).

We prefer human charities, especially those benefiting children, but will consider anything you bring us. No politics, please.

Spread the word.

Go!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Rest.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

My company turned 10 hours of refugee homework help, baby cuddling and ESL into $100. I think wrangling kids is worth way more!

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nice!

I'll match the 10 volunteer hours in 2023 - and donate an extra $100 to a diaper bank of your choice.

Great work!

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Completed 14th platelet donation yesterday.

Watched on Netflix the Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster. Wow. I had never heard of that movie and was impressed by how open it was, as well as the performance coaching.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Happy to donate platelets in 2023, as the pandemic and my tired old red count allow.

I will not however watch a Metallica Netflix.

As a makegood, I'll peel off another $100 to a diaper bank of your choosing.

Good work!

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks Az.

Draft saved Draft deleted