1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I luv ya my man, Hermes, but I can't see how you can square your first sentence with the last two paragraphs. There is NO separating Republicans and Trump/Insurrection; they are one in the same.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Doofy Eric Holcomb and doofy Mike DeWine didn’t storm any Capitol, they didn’t tell people to not wear masks, and they didn’t tell me I’m an enemy of the state. They’re just doofy people I disagree with. Like Joe Manchin. I can live with that as a real two-party system where ai don’t get everything I want.

Also, Trumpists wanted to kill DeWine. Points in his favor.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Under the rubric of the New Incoherence, it doesn't matter what Democrats say or do.

NeoFascism is a function of the Right's eternal persecution complex.

Hermes likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’ll put on my Alma hat and blame Silicon Valley for that. Disruption was good. Disruption meant fake it til you make it. Disruption meant rejecting everything we knew, or thought we knew for a limitless future they could never quite explain.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In the context of worldwide politics, virtually nobody -- nobody -- in US politics is anything which could be described as "far left."

Bernie Sanders and AOC, routinely characterized as wild-eyed radical lunatic liberals in MSM coverage, would be nothing more than mildly liberal centrists in most European political systems.

Of course, Obama, constantly pilloried in the media as a revolutionary, most closely parallels nobody else than Eisenhower in postwar presidencies.

I Should Coco and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remember when Alma used to blame “identity politics” for everything? What a laff riot that turned out to be.

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I also must believe this because the only other peaceful option is dissolving the union by negotiation.

Good luck with that.

Stephen Marche made a good attempt at advocating for that in his book “The Next Civil War” but even he couldn’t get all the way there to believe in it as a real plan.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the hearings ....

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

All of downstate New York was redistricted. If the idea in your head is that it went from Democrats as its last 2 reps to that guy (a Republican) because of a slight change in the boundaries of the district, keep in mind that the district as it is constituted now voted fairly decisively for Biden for president. And this guy didn't win a squeaker, like a few votes from a redistricting of some sort were the difference or anything like that.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Four referrals for Trump
    One for Eastman
    Congressmen who ignored subpoenas referred to the ethics committee

garrow likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Why bother? It’s not like they’ll be censured between now and Jan. 1.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Committee recommends DOJ move against Fatfuck on four charges.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted