1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ponzi scheme guys go to prison all the time. I want some industrious lawyer to find a way to take these guys to court for grift. A sucker is born every minute, but the money being taken from the Trump flock is sad to see.

Also were the tax returns a nothingburger? I don’t watch cable news anymore and the Post’s website hasn’t mentioned it since they were released.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Been waiting over a year for the 6th report, and years for the taxes and now they're out and.... I feel like I just bought a TrumpDigitalCard.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I think everyone knows he's a tax cheat and always has been. Underwhelming for opponents and the Trumpenproletariat don't care.

The insurrection findings might be enough to at least bar him from ever holding office again.

Whether or not he'll be prosecuted for sedition is a different story.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, they're getting him described as "the poorest billionaire", which he'll hate. As Azreal said, it's not exactly breaking news that he's a huge tax cheat. He employs an army of accountants and routes money through 500 companies to make it incredibly difficult and exhausting for the IRS to get a handle on them. There may be some stuff that he gets taken to task over, notably 20-30 million in dubious "charitable" deductions, but anything like that will be slow as hell. He'll likely be dead before any of that gets resolved.

If any charges are going to stick these are so far down the list that they're not likely to really hurt, but more investigations mean paying more lawyers and more bad pub and aggro, which isn't nothing.

I'm hoping that the Georgia vote fraud sticks and that the various NY cases add to his grief, and that the insurrection charges take him off the political board altogether.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think the fact the IRS did the shoulder shrug on his taxes while in office sticks. What he did or didn’t do on line 18 of schedule 375-Z etc. is a complicated story to follow. “Didn’t get audited like every other president,” is an easy-to-digest bullet point that pisses off people with any real sense of fairness.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The best punishment for Trump is for NY state to seize property and assets and very publicly strip his name off everything.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Add that both Obama and Biden did get audited.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

But that wouldn't be just Trump on the no-audit thing, that's everyone that had anything to do with the decision/in-action.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member