1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The reports that Cheney wanted the report to squarely land on Trump and not examine the role other enablers and enabling agencies played in Jan. 6th is not a good look. You start shaping the report for a particular outcome, pull your punches due to political considerations (like not referring fellow members of Congress who ignored subpeonas to the DOJ - like they did others - and instead drop it in the circular file off the House Ethics Committee? Like I said, I don't think they particularly nailed the landing.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What did you expect?

The blame for the insurrection lay squarely at Trump’s feet. I don’t care what social media platforms did or didn’t do, what Alex Jones did or didn’t do, what Mike Flynn or Mike Flynn’s brother or Mike Pence or Ali Alexander or whatever his name is did or did not do. The plan began because one megalomaniac wanted to usurp the Constitution because he is more important than the nation. No Trump, no insurrection.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sure, but I would have liked to have had a better understanding about the inaction of first responders and military who normally would be called on in that situation. Why they weren't on standby etc.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I think that’s been well covered. People on the inside either denied requests for extra support (as they did for the DC Guard) or dragged their feet — perhaps because the brother of one of the Stop the Steal organizers, who was apparently in on some of the calls 1/6, wanted the thing to work. It’s clear the whole thing was set up from the inside. I’m surprised they didn’t find some guns and knives hiding in convenient places in the Capitol, like the 9/11 hijackers allegedly had folks hide box cutters on the planes.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I don't think we've seen something like this since the Fiesta Bowl claimed a trip to a strip club as a business expense.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I thought he denied that particular 90 seconds of his life anyway.

wicked, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Depreciation.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If he deducted the payment on his taxes (double dipped, so to speak), it's not knowable from the returns Congress released.

People just say stuff, and others believe it automatically.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Well, this has just mushroomed out of control.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How long before Trump makes a pitch for Speaker? He wins. Gets his buddies in the Secret Service to whack Biden and Harris simultaneously. Voila. Coupville.
    (Yeah, I know even that klan isn’t that evil.) But I wonder if he has floated the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted