1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well, I absolutely agree that you need to let this fester for a few days so it permeates the newscycle, and becomes fodder for late-night hosts, right-wing radio and Joe Rogan - honestly, it's like watching an intervention - but both sides think they are the ones "hosting" the intervention. Or a Springer episode.

There is a Don Cheadle movie called "Traitor" back in the day - based on an idea by Steve Martin about a bunch of suicide bombers all getting on the same bus (yeah, spoiler alert - sorry) - anyway, you have a busload of people wearing vests and they all stand up and do their thing at the same time.

maumann likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma’s definitely going to post Repubs in Disarray links, right? Maybe some NYT editorials?

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It’s those damn cool kids wanting to be Jim Jordan when they grow up.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

there is nothing stopping McCarthy from saying, “look, i won’t give any of the 19 or mtg any power, if you vote for me.” There’s also nothing stopping him from turning heal and giving them power anyway.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Heel

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. DanOregon

I do love the notion that some GOPers are probably thinking/saying "This makes us look ridiculous" - um, they've looked ridiculous for a long, long time with their actions/inactions.

And the silence from Mar-A-Lago is deafening - leader of the party my ass. Mitch is surely having a chuckle.

TowelWaver and maumann like this.
  7. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ben Shapiro?

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

What was that old saw about President Obama leading from behind? TFG couldn’t lead his way out of a paper bag.

Fred siegle and TowelWaver like this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

Yeah, apparently Shapiro has become a "thing" for the GOP - guess Clay and Sexton aren't exactly filling Limbaugh's shoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted