1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think they've been upfront, at least in interviews, that that's the plan. (Haven't had a chance to watch the trailer you linked just yet.) That being said, I bet they pop up in more than one episode, given how much the original cast has fondness for the show.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I suspect the over/under line for Mr. and Mrs. Kutcher is one episode. Probably Topher Grace, too, considering he's already in another sitcom.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Slow Horses

Damn good stuff. I do have a question about the most recent episode, though.

TigerVols likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The first season was some of the best TV I’ve seen in years. This second season is waaaay too contrived. Plus, not enough SH vs The Dogs.

5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

SAS: Rogue Heroes on Prime is decent viewing so far. Solid cast of actors who I've never seen before.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We finished the latest season of The Crown. They have milked 5 seasons of out of the same questions: a) what is the place of the monarchy in modern British and b) how much of themselves does a royal need to sacrifice because of their official role?

Wenders likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Treason" a decent espionage/political thriller on Netflix. Stars Daredevil, and a bunch of Game of Throne actors.

qtlaw likes this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone else watch “Welcome to Chippendales” on Hulu? I enjoyed it and the cast, led by Kumail Nanijiani, Murray Bartlett and Annaleigh Ashford, were all really good.

It tells the story about the founding of Chippendales and becomes a crime mystery.

garrow likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Swapping back and forth between Treason and The Recruit, which are kinda sorta two sides of the same coin. Treason is a bit better because the story is tighter...The Recruit is a Doug Liman product, and it shows, both good and bad. Funny enough, the antagonists in both series portray Russian ex-spies who could be sisters.

garrow likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The dude from the Recruit seemed to be doing a Mark Ruffalo impression the entire time.....

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Only watched Treason; Enjoy the MI5 setting and fairly tight script.

garrow likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Started watching last night, first two episodes. Very enjoyable. The Brits do these spy dramas very well.

I couldn't figure out where I'd see the wife before, then you mentioned GOT and it clicked. Ciaran Hinds has been on everything, it seems. And Alex Kingston was Mark Green's (Anthony Edwards) wife on ER.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted