1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

for a gop speaker the proper usage is "should of" words matter

Fred siegle, maumann and PCLoadLetter like this.
  2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The GOP's favorite show

[​IMG]

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I didn't know Chip Roy had been infected with the woke mind virus. Sad!

maumann likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The R's backing McCarthy might be able to hold things together through tomorrow. If it gets to Friday they'll pull the ejection seat and put in someone like Scalise.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wasn't he on Ted Cruz's staff? He's cut from the same cloth. All these back-benchers seemed to suddenly view themselves as relevant when Trump needed someone on the hill to carry his water.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For every 2 "present" votes, McCarthy's threshold goes down 1.

So another present vote -- making it 2 -- would mean he needs just 217 ... 4/216, 6/215 etc.

But 12 present votes would make Jeffries the Speaker. lol.

"Oh to have a microphone in there." -- Jake Tapper.

Screen Shot 2023-01-04 at 1.25.46 PM.png

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Huh? Who did that? Certainly not me.

8. DanOregon

A smart journalist will figure out when the families of these clowns are scheduled to fly in for their swearing-in photos and know when this circus will be over.

Honestly, could you imagine going back to the hotel or wherever they're staying and the wife says, "Goddammit Hal, the kids are driving me nuts, we're going back on Thursday - photo or no photo. I've got bridge on Friday."

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Sleepy Joe and Moscow Mitch are headlining an event in Covington to celebrate the Brent Spence Bridge infrastructure project.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2023
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You think any of these pigs listen to anything their wives say? The Good Book sez wimmen shall be submissive to their husbands.

11. DanOregon

Biden should just do the State of the Union from the Senate, Have mitch and kamala up there. You think whichever clown ends up leading this circus is going to risk inviting the President to speak and being labeled a RINO?

And my goodness, what the hell are all those people doing surrounding Gaetz?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Several of them had their kids in the gallery yesterday because they thought they’d be sworn in on time. This is officially a runaway train.

Draft saved Draft deleted