1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Criminal series on Netflix. There's a Great Britain, Germany, France and Spain version. All of them take place almost entirely in the same interrogation room. Very simple but I think very well done.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TBH, I looked it up while watching the first episode because I wanted to be sure he wasn't!

garrow likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I kept crabbing at my wife through ep 1 of this because of all the obvious plot holes. I shut up and enjoyed the ride once it became apparent that every character had multiple hidden motives and was lying to all the other characters in a free form game of screw your neighbor. It was ok.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed The Recruit. I also liked the first few seasons of The Rookie (fell out of watching after it changed nights), one of showrunner Alexi Hawley's other projects.

garrow likes this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Loved “Lincoln Lawyer” the movie. Didn’t even want to glance at the Netflix show. Finally gave in, binged this weekend. Kinda like it MORE than the movie. More time to develop characters.

garrow likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I really liked the show too, but I give the edge to the movie.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The wife also played a girlfriend of Dr. Watson on "Sherlock." I once saw Kingston at a comic book convention panel discussion with Karen Gillan.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm 5.5 episodes into Midnight Mass. Took a bit but now its downhill to the conclusion. Very interesting take on Christianity; it gets a little long winded on what believers believe about Christianity but I think I'm finally past all that (of course I'm a lapsed Christian so heard it all before).

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

3 episodes into Slow Horses. Really enjoying it.

We are also bingeing Home Economics on ABC with our 14 year old. Low stakes, but a very enjoyable cast.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I've been watching "Call Me Kat" on FOX, mainly because my wife has. But no longer.

As you know, Leslie Jordan passed away two months ago. So beginning last night, they have tried to "cover" for his exit with adding Vicki Lawrence to the cast as his aunt.

I've always liked Vicki Lawrence, but it was just a very cheap way to handle it.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I always hate when shows do this, because it's so transparent. Unless it's an incredibly small cast, you can just focus on the remaining cast members, instead of trying to shoehorn someone new in or graft the ideas that were obviously meant for someone else on them. Lovitz in "Newsradio" comes to mind as another example.

OscarMadison and jr/shotglass like this.
  12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

One of the more egregious examples was John Ritter's final show, "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teen-Age Daughter," when they tried to account for his absence with the additions of James Garner AND David Spade.

And of course, "The Conners" and Katey Sagal.

Draft saved Draft deleted