1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Gaetz nominated DJT for Speaker. Marge, sitting beside him, seemed overwhelmed with happiness.

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And we’re through seven. Get up and stretch!

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I thought Marge was ready to bring everyone else down? I can’t keep track anymore.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

After three days of this bullshit I'd be bored and screwing around with it too.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

what are the chances this is all a show for this purpose?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You think there's a chance he'd get to 218? I don't believe there is.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I know it is asking a lot to give up on a life’s dream, but why does McCarthy even want to be speaker now? The impossible assholes now are going to be impossible assholes in the future. He won’t have enough influence to change the name of a post office in Modesto. Let one of the true nut jobs inherit the misery and revel in being one of the ones hurling spitballs from the back row.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

McCarthy has bargained it down to where one Republican can trigger a vote of no confidence and at best make him jump through all these hoops *again*. I don't know what madness possessed him to do that, because it's certain that Bobo or Marge or Gaetz or one of the other loons will get their nose out of joint over something (or nothing).

His ambition has far outstripped his common sense.

OTOH, I'd love to see the bargains that the D's could strike with a speaker with his negotiating skills, leading to an immediate vote of no confidence. Nothing, nothing, is going to get done. Thank god the sane R's got the funding bill through before the lunatics took over the asylum.

SFIND, maumann and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

McCarthy is really tanking for Wenbanyama

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

And we’re onto the eighth.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

IMO it's just for show. He's being a goofball fuckup like Billy on the fifth row in 6th grade nominating a fellow dumbass or someone he thinks is a nerd to be school president.

Draft saved Draft deleted