1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Half full or half empty?

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I was drawn out of Boebert’s district this cycle. I’d say I was thankful but my community may have actually been decisive in flushing her.

Is she still my representative at this moment because the new house isn’t sworn in, or have I officially already switched?

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You don't have a representative at the moment.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The actual concessions he has offered a much, much worse - and would likely guarantee a rerun of this fiasco with every contentious issue facing the House. Hastert introduced a "rule" that stated nothing could get to the floor without a majority of the GOP signing off on it, McCarthy seems fine with giving a portion of the Freedom Caucus a veto pen on everything.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love, exciting and new ...

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 7.12.17 PM.png

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Damn. It would be a REALLY bad time to get taken hostage in North Korea. Noted.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What are the chances those glasses aren't prescription? 75%? 99%?

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Charlie Crist was my congressman
    My district was one of the ones DeSantis redrew
    Now my representative elect is an election denier named Anna Paulina Luna, who is one of the anti McCarthyites
    My sister’s representative elect is Kat Cammack, a McCarthyite who accused Democrats of drinking in the House chamber because they were so gleeful watching the Republicans implode

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m sorry but every time I see Santos I just start loudly laughing. You couldn’t invent this character…well, I guess he did…

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a joke, son, or maybe half of one. McCarthy's life would be 100% easier if he got rid of half (or more) of his worst yammerheads. We know damn well that charges could be made against half a dozen, maybe more.

Of course, McCarthy was in the middle of it and likely would be on the list himself if he hadn't flipped. And Jack Smith and his investigators and grand jury are just sitting there, for the moment.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
    TigerVols likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

House adjourns until noon tomorrow, meaning it will meet on the second anniversary of 1/6

Draft saved Draft deleted