1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

They will be thrown out of the Republican caucus ASAP. They better be ready to run in a Democratic primary or as an independent.

I think the longer this goes, that remote opportunity grows, but going from 0 percent to 0.001 percent ain’t much growth.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this whole flustercluck doesn't teach the GOP they've been headed down the wrong path since the escalator ride in Trump Tower, nothing will.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gaetz is blowing Jordan for Speaker.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That would be a huge own goal by the GOP. If they throw all six out and they caucus with the Dems, that gives the Dems a straight-up majority. Plus, all six of those seats become safer.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It’s well before that escalator ride. It’s the Tea Party and even before that.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Any hope of finding six or even two GOPers to do anything with Dems need only to reference that tweet above.

sgreenwell and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

escalator, please

the ghost of Elisha Graves Otis thanks you

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Twelve of the 18 Republicans in Biden crossover districts won with less than 52 percent of the vote. Cut them some sweetheart deals for committees and let them be Manchin clones to keep spending in check this cycle. They can go back to their districts and truthfully claim “I tried, but I just can’t with these crazy Republicans any more.” They might be surprised how many constituents feel the same.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Why the fuck did I write that? Anyway, fixed.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You know who's in one of those 18 Biden districts? One "George Santos" (you know it's not his real name).

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Amazingly he cleared 54 percent.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Hakeem Jeffries stand up and offer committee slots to the first six Republicans to vote for him.

sgreenwell and Brooklyn Bridge like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted