1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Whiteboard every MAGA Republican, Katie.

Two thoughts:
    1) GOP loses the right to claim that Dems stall on anything ... I mean, four days to come around on a Speaker?
    2) Never want to hear about a flip-flopper from the GOP again. Never.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Performative bullshit

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Just taking the GOP playbook, then.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Yes, it is.

But given their behavior, relatively speaking, I don't have a big problem with it.

Put it this way ... which is more offensive: What Porter did, or the fact that MTG and Boebert were chanting crap during Biden's SOTU speech?

TowelWaver and SFIND like this.
  5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It’s ok to aim higher than “not as offensive as Lauren Boebert.”

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's not like that's just a "gag" book. It's legit self-help book that was a top seller a few years back.

7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The 5-foot-5 Gaetz would have taken the dowdy old man in the hairpiece. If any of the shit were real. Which it patently is not

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’d rather she campaign and win her Biden district by more than 3% forcing Dems to spend money that could’ve gone to other races.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You don't think she campaigned? And she did plenty, plenty of fundraising on her own. My deleted emails file is proof of that. Anyway, this is just the beginning of performative behavior in the House. The narrow majority and the extreme goals of the minority of that majority and going to mean a lot of late nights requiring attendance by every member, a lot of repetitious votes, frayed nerves and acting out, not just by the members who thrive on attention, either.

dixiehack likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

That bar is buried 100 feet underground.

Difference with BYM2's example is too much of the GOP's "performative bullsh_t" is harming the country and/or putting the country in unnecessary peril.

All Katie Porter is doing is needling GOP/MAGA. IMO, big difference.

Smallpotatoes, SFIND and TigerVols like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It would be awesome if successful campaigning depended on appealing to smart people. But that ain’t America. Finding ways to drive home your point via viral marketing is the best campaign tactic on offer.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m actually sick of performative bullshit from all of them. I wasn’t one of the ones yaaaaaas queening Pelosi for ripping up the speech either. Do the fucking job you were elected to do.

SFIND and wicked like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted