1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You haven't spent time in the South, have you?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The floor isn’t where much work is done anymore. Too many cameras. The work is done in committee and behind closed doors. The floor is for speeches and displays. I’m less upset by Pelosi ripping up a speech or someone reading an offensive book. I’m upset that there is less and less bipartisan horse trading going on.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Katie Porter might do her fucking job better than the other 434

4. Sam Mills 51

Problem is, not only do I question the basic ability to read with GOP/MAGA, but also too many things GOP/MAGA do make me want to gag.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Where's the horse?" Trump asked Meadows. "The horse, sir?" "Yeah, the horse. You said they were horse-trading," Trump said while he watched Fox and Friends for the umpteenth time.Meadows paused and then said, "Oh it is just an expression. No actual horses are involved." This answer seemed to irk Trump who began calling Meadows "Mr. Ed" for the rest of his presidency."
    ---page 61 of "Peril" by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa (New York: Simon and Schuster), published in September 2021

TowelWaver and wicked like this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

If only the rest of the country had said "neigh" in 2016 ...

7. Sam Mills 51

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Two words: Glue. Factory.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump heard Mexico was building a wall so he turned on the TV, only to see El Tri playing.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

11. Sam Mills 51

Since some in that fan base embrace their offensive behavior, including gay slurs, it appeals to SPC. Great connective tissue, dontcha think?

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted