1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You're talking about progressives at universities, too, I'd say. Not a ton of independent thought going on in academia.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Then explain that quote. MAGA/GOP/Team DeSantis wants to politicize this. Are you trying to defend their crap?

SFIND likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Progressives are not open, vitriolic opponents of racial equality.

SFIND, qtlaw and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. I think DeSantis is engaged in politicized overreach, I think he's wrong, and I think it will backfire. He will break that school with his actions and thereby own it. I would fear it will close.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Politicized overreach" is about right. Out-and-out political bullsh_t also works.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I also don't care which side does it. It's horseshit acting and bad to watch.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

coming to rescue fatfuck

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, they’re not. Because DOJ isn’t going to give them documents for ongoing criminal investigations. Think before you post.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not unless the Supremes say DoJ has to give them up. That shouldn't happen, but who knows anymore?

I suspect that it's more about fishing for information on the cases of the members of Congress that protecting Trump, but that's at least part of it as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted