1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The soccer O/Us are for regulation time only. You're betting on the result of the 90-minute (plus ST) game. That's why there are separate bets for XX team to advance. If you're betting the ML, you're betting on it to end before extra time.

Ended up having a nice little day with my modest betting yesterday. Started with $43 in my account, ended with $77. The Bahamas under hit straight up, and I took Xavier -10.5/O154.5 at Georgetown as a +259 parlay for a happy hour bet. The over hit by the 8-minute media in the second half. Had to survive the final minute to avoid the backdoor cover though. It was fun trying to explain to people at the bar why I wouldn't change the channel even though Xavier was leading comfortably at the end.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Besides the perils of gambling on a budget, Croatia-Morocco is also an example of why I hate betting time-shifted parlays. That was the first of a four-game parlay that also included three college football games spread throughout the day and evening. And it was dead before 10 a.m. Kinda sucks a lot out of the fun of this hobby of ours.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sports betting now legal in Ohio.

exmediahack likes this.
  6. exmediahack

NFL season long props graded as of last night.

Over the summer, sitting in an airport in a legalized state waiting to fly home, I took EVERY wide receiver under on yards. Found the best price at numerous shops. Rationale: public bets overs and WR injuries and QB injuries will keep the yards down. Did they ever.

Put $22/$23 to win $20. Didn’t matter. Took everyone. Bet em blindly.

39-22. Boom. $295 for an hour’s work. Yes, I had about $1,200 tied up for 5 months. But… better than the Nasdaq.

Do it next year.

playthrough and Webster like this.
  7. exmediahack

So far Caesars is not paying my Bills YES playoffs (final leg of some parlays) because they didn’t play 17 games. House rules.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

DK was doing a risk free SGP for NHL bets with a max bet of $10. Just picked one of their random SGPs on the Saturday Devils-Rangers game and added one more leg and it hit for +895. I will now retire undefeated for hockey bets.

exmediahack likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So do they at least refund the bets?

10. exmediahack

It is still "not settled", as the only of my 60 or so NFL regular season futures not settled. Puzzled by this.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ohio immediately takes the lead:

https://fox8.com/news/record-set-in...dbNqVwalFKLVP6K26OV-_Uc-bVkCEiKfAomSDkcrSWZaQ

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It seemed like an easy $11,000 ...

Draft saved Draft deleted