1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Surprised House GOP didn't introduce the 2023 Border Protection Act on day one.

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Markie Post is dead and I have to watch Marcia fukkin Blackburn attempt to suspend disbelief, as others call it 'theatre'

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Amazing to me that the lobbyists were able to spin increased IRS oversight on rich tax cheats as the gumnint is going to take away your guns next and it worked.

Octave likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It didn't work except with the Republicans. "My opponent wants to make it easy for fat cats to cheat on their taxes" strikes me as a potent line of attack.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Hell, I was watching Bob Dole’s ‘96 RNC speech yesterday and he talked of getting rid of the IRS altogether. And he was the moderate candidate.

They’ve been crazy for so long now I’d forgotten that.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Except for the fact the folks you expect to make that argument are fat cats too. /democracyisbroken.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The large majority of all taxpayers do their own taxes in a matter of a couple hours; if they get audited, the large majority of THOSE cases are resolved with the exchange of a couple letters.

The campaign to degrade and dismantle the IRS is completely for the benefit for the massively mega-rich. In order to siphon away money from programs which benefit taxpayers at large (ie, mostly non-rich).​

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And Feinstein hasn't announced that she's not going to run in 2024.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My mind exploded when I read that sentence.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

It is not uncommon for those with clear cognitive deficit to believe they're working a job.

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted