1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Awe...

SFIND, Hermes, HanSenSE and 1 other person like this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

nc-

It's a delicate subject that goes public because the family is too timid to act. I think Lawrence O'Donnell called this the ultimate selfish act in politics. They are cheating this generation of young people and forcing them to live with choices that were made 50 years ago.

Grassley is so mesozoic he still publicly refers to grown women as gals.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I love the "Is the White House going to be raided?"

The White House is the proper place for classified documents to be stored, you fucking idiots. By the sitting President.

The stupidity is staggering. As are the false comparisons. At worst, the discovery of the Biden documents (followed quickly by informing the National Archives and the Justice Department, then turning them over, rather than stashing them 1,000 miles away in unsecured closets and offices, denying you have them, then fighting to keep them), is a traffic ticket compared to a Class A felony.

OscarMadison, SFIND, qtlaw and 5 others like this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"spillage," is what it's called.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As soon as the Biden documents were discovered, NARA was notified and they were turned over. This was the proper response. If Trump had done so this would be a non-issue.

Edit: I would add that Biden has had Top Secret clearance the entire time those documents were in his custody in secured storage, as opposed to no clearance Trump keeping his in a closet by the pool.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

How is this guy still allowed to sit in our Congress?

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Where were you last week? McCarthy needs every vote, and "do it or we'll throw you out of Congress" is great leverage.

11. Neutral Corner

I understand that. Both my parents and in-laws lived beyond their mid-80s. However, when is a U.S. Senator and her deterioration has become obvious, a different standard has to apply.

12. Neutral Corner

"At the last, Congressman, have you no shame?"

Draft saved Draft deleted