1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My bad.

FYI, the post I was responding to, refered to him as Setzer. That probably wasn't worth a Stelter post.

2. The Big Ragu

The other simply obvious thing at this point is that it is unquestionably in the best electoral interest of the GOP to not have Trump as a candidate for President. He lost to Joe frickin Biden as an incumbent, left the Republican party in tatters, and January 6 left enough voters disenchanted that despite runaway inflation, a flagging economy and general unhappiness with government that should have led to a Republican landslide, they couldn't take the Senate and barely took the House. Candidates who were only candidates because Trump chose them got trounced.

My guess is that they just think Donald Trump is a loser who has done damage to the Republican Party with his antics and endless BS.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Many of them think that, but getting rid of him themselves seems impossible to them. Letting the evil Democratic Dept. of Justice do it is an ideal solution.

4. The Big Ragu

I look at the NY Post every day. I need my "Headless Body in Topless Bar" headlines, and it still does a semblence of a job of covering the sports teams I like.

Sometime around the midterm elections, there was a marked shift in their front page headlines. They were going after Trump almost every day with everything their copy editors (and moronic opinion writers) had. As president, they had excused anything he did, did a lot of whataboutism, tried to deflect to the Democrats (or Robert Muller or James Comey, etc.). But all of a sudden, the tone when it came to Trump did a near complete 180.

They were not just waiting for the DOJ to relieve them of him. They wanted to take matters into their own hands.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hardly a secret

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One of the worst tics of contemporary journalism, shared by opinion writers of all shades of opinion is the "this vital story is being ignored" sentence, hell, even paragraph that litters the pieces of even otherwise good writers. Just say, X is important and here's why. It's quite possible most of your readers already know the basics of the topic.

sgreenwell and Smallpotatoes like this.
  7. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Big Ragu-

Aussie Dad Rupert was tired of being sued because of the low-wattage brain connected to one moron's overactive mouth. It's just business.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

"The four border states" represented by 5 Dem Senators. Would that be Minnesota, Washington and Michigan? Oh, that's six senators.

Is it so hard to say "Southern Border?" We do have two land borders and 15 (17 if you count Ohio and Pennsylvania and 18 if you count Florida with Bahamas/Cuba) border states.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

400 million, etc etc

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

LIV Wrestling.

Neutral Corner and garrow like this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted