1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You wanted “I was in the CIA, Motha fuckas”?

And, bro, Google before you argue.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy doesn’t sound like he’s speaking from experience.

If he was in the CIA he would not be in trouble if he did this.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I remember a while ago that folks were up in arms that the Republicans couldn’t elect a Speaker of the House because a few of their most extreme faction were holding the process hostage. But now that’s all water under the bridge and flowing to an ocean to be forgotten, sinking below the waves of wailing about stuff that shouldn’t have been in Biden’s garage.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

A staggeringly stupid two years are ahead of us. Not as dreadful as 2017-2021. Funnier, based on the absolute idiocy of House Republicans. But mind-numbingly stupid because of the brain-dead, trump-loyal shitstains who are about to hold the country hostage. Again. Because of misplaced revenge fantasies. (Pro tip: don’t want to face prison time? Stop being government-overthrowing assholes).

Hopefully Dem messaging, unity and posturing on the debt ceiling is as good as it was during the speaker voting.

Then watch these stupid motherfuckers punch themselves in their tiny balls until they lose on the debt ceiling. Again.

This stunt on the debt ceiling, as proven, will not hurt elected democrats. It will hurt the American people. Many of whom are republicans!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s gonna be funny at all if we have a government shutdown in a week or two. Lots of contractors are going to be boned. The fed employees who are furloughed will get back pay. The contractors often (usually?) don’t.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's pretty much a 99.999999 percent chance that somewhere in the course of filing the necessary paperwork to run for office, he knowingly signed false documents --probably dozens. Each instance a prosecutable felony.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Also, while I’m cranky, the gas stove shit is the dumbest “outrage” yet. Just painfully fucking stupid.

At some point I wish the usual suspects would quit falling for this garbage. They won’t. But I can wish.

Remember when there were not going to be Christmas gifts? Or Halloween candy? Hamburgers were going to be banned? The death panels? Caravans? Coyotes?

So, pretty please with sugar on top, stop bitching about gas stoves. Not going anywhere. So shut the fuck up about it.

8. Deskgrunt50

Funny is definitely relative. And I absolutely don’t want a government shutdown stunt. Which is all it is.

But it’s going to happen. Sooner the better so House republicans can get their nuts cut off again and make the inevitable shutdown as short and painless as possible.

House GOP can’t resist as losing idea that hurts a lot of people.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

oh my God, you’re making me side with BTE. Google this guy then see if you want to continue with your “He couldn’t be formally in the CIA” claims.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hate it when I have to hit “show ignored content” just to make the reactions make sense.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Once again, it's "Nobudduh tellz meh whut ta dew, specially not no smarty pantz kollege boyz."

COLLEGE EDUCATED EXPERTS:
    "Gas stoves may leak deadly gas. We will recommend any such stoves should be removed from homes."

MAGGAT NATION:
    "NOBUDDUH TELLZ US WHUT TA DEW."

2muchcoffeeman and Woody Long like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So he was CIA but he says stupid shit like that if he did what Biden did he’d be prosecuted even though he knows it isn’t true just because it’s what his audience wants to hear?

Draft saved Draft deleted