1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

My family and our cousins’ family saw it at the drive-in in ‘74 or ‘75. I was too young to get it, and drive-in speakers sucked.

The edited version is damn near unwatchable.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a complete non-starter. I mean, there's no point in watching a movie with all the best stuff excised.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Holy crap. 30 minutes into Last Of Us. So good.

qtlaw likes this.
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The entire hour-plus was riveting. As someone who has played the video game twice all the way through, they absolutely nailed everything. I was expecting great things and was not disappointed.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have the day off and I have found myself watching old episodes of “Emergency!” on COZI TV. I loved this show as a kid.

Nothing could have prepared me for what a massive, steaming load of dung this show is.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching football this weekend, I couldn't help but notice all the ads for the various NCIS shows, and other cop shows. At what point did every day in cop show land become casual Friday? No uniforms, no suits - and yet, they aren't undercover cops either. What's the deal? Anyone ever hear of Navy regs?

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What, you don't like station wagon ambulances? Philistine.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Just finished up the most recent season of "Endeavour." Most enjoyable this penultimate season was. And how beautiful is Joan Thursday?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone see the latest season of Survivor? I was really surprised by the result. The guy everyone wanted to take to the final because they thought he had no shot won. One of the most likable casts they've ever put together, really interesting group of people - but the show needs to ramp it up a bit. The challenges are starting to feel repetitive. And they seem to be maximizing Jeff Probst's screen time - less of him and more camplife would be better.

I do wonder if the winner's "surprise announcement" after he won was already known by the cast - which may have helped him win.

tea and ease likes this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

With every season being in Fiji and two being filmed back-to-back, challenges are very repetitive. They are mostly stand and hold something or run an obstacle course and complete a puzzle.

Probst gets more annoying each season. If he’s not yapping the obvious or spewing nonsense during challenges, he’s trying to revive his failed talk show and turn everything into an Oprah moment.

tea and ease likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted