1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

SHUTUP BITCH

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The optical equivalence between Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden is phony, of course.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course it is. That the key takeaway of the piece for ya?

Azrael likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That makes it even worse.

Four months after President Biden called Donald Trump’s mishandling of classified documents “irresponsible,” that vintage car — parked at the president’s home in Delaware next to his own boxes containing classified material — has been transformed into a shiny symbol of hypocrisy. If you went into a G.O.P. whataboutism lab and asked for a perfect gaffe, you’d come out with the president snapping last week to a Fox News reporter, “My Corvette is in a locked garage.”

Well, the storage room at Mar-a-Lago is locked, too.

. ... "Your honor, he's a bad guy. I'm a good guy! He has bad intentions. I have had only goodness in my heart! It's completely different, don't you see?!?!"

TigerVols likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Does anyone anywhere really think Joe Biden - at 82 years old, and having done the one thing he was sent to do, namely unseat Trump - was gonna be the only Democrat in the field?

There's something so ritualistic about half-baked pieces like this (and yet as Alma points out, so overheated and undercooked) that one can only ask how it is writers like Alter make long careers of writing them.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hardly.

Gotta be patient, my friend.

I set that one out there because this terrible piece proceeds from a completely phony premise.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The difference is more than intent. Come on, Ragu. You know better.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I think it proceeds with a little bit of intent, however phony the premise.

There are left thinkers that would like Joe to go away.

Azrael likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted