1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I wasn't counting Colorado as midwest, but I think he would be a good one as well. It's not a problem for me, because I can't wait for President Buttigieg, but how much of an issue is sexual orientation going to be for a major party candidate for that spot on the ticket?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know the news that the judge dismissed a Trump case and then hit Trump and his lawyer for close to a million dollars in sanctions? This comes from Trump suing like 20 people accusing them of nonsense political charges and the judge (who still has a couple of Trump cases yet to go) signalling that he's tired of legal nonsense. In any case, the part I didn't know about was that this money was being split among the people Trump made baseless charges against.

The largest check, $170,000 or so, goes to Hillary Clinton.

3. Neutral Corner

I don't disagree - but it's not like there is a groundswell of demand that Kamala run. I think Hillary had more support, and we all know that hers was lackluster at times.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Stormy Daniels will get fully paid before he pays Hilary.

5. Neutral Corner

I don't think it would be a big problem for Democratic voters, but it might be a rallying point for Republicans to vote against.

6. Neutral Corner

I think that if the people that the court made a judgement in favor of don't get paid, Trump and his lawyers will be very sorry when the "and find out" rolls around.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Kamala is going to start taking the lead on some projects if she wants a chance at the big chair, but I don't know if Biden has any appetite for giving her the reins. Kind of like how Bartlett sidelined Hoynes.

HanSenSE and UPChip like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Remember, Harris was tied to the Senate for the last two years so as to be the tie-breaking vote when needed. She hasn't had the chance to do as much normal vice-presidential stuff.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

People I know who have interacted with Harris have only had great things to say about her. That being said, she’s never winning as a candidate for the big seat.

10. Neutral Corner

I guy I follow on Twitter whose account is locked just put something up. I don't know his sourcing well enough to beat the drum for the accuracy, so take it with a grain of salt, but it's interesting. He said this and put up the link below.

"A Senate-confirmed Trump appointee confirmed to me - personally - embarrassing / ugly rumors about Amb. Haley. I have no idea if it’s true, won’t repeat, but I do know if she keeps moving forward with a run it’ll be the ugliest smear campaign since South Carolina in 2000."

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Yes I wasn't implying that Democrats would have the problem, but it is something the other side would rail against and I have no idea where independents would fall/lean. He has a really great resume and thankfully is in the age range where 2028 or 2032. 2028 would make a lot more sense -- he'll barely be 50 years old when he gets term limited so he can jump into a bid full time

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted