1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Another compare and contrast moment:

garrow likes this.
  2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Once the first documents were found, they should’ve searched every place Biden has had a presence in the last 10 years.

Also I’m convinced some Trumpers in the FBI are having fun leaking this stuff. If it was handled better by Biden’s staff, it would’ve been negated. Instead this looks like the type of clown show ran by a guy who plagiarized Neil Kinnock.

2muchcoffeeman and Mr._Graybeard like this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They basically have searched every place. He's got homes in Wilmington and Rehoboth. He had offices in the Senate and the VP's residence at the Naval Observatory, but I suppose they were cleaned out when he left those positions. I may have said this before, but Biden's had a high government position for 46 of the last 50 years, and the amount of paper he's generated, had sent to him, and passed through his offices has to be a couple of Wal-Mart warehouses full. It's gonna be a nightmare for his biographers, or rather, for their research assistants. One more thing. Every time Biden's staff or attorneys have found a document deemed classified, they stopped looking and called DOJ, which then conducted another search. So there's multiple reports of basically the same process.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

But they've found more! Biden is up to 17 now!!

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Neither here nor there, but one of my favorite anecdotes in David Wallechinsky's "Complete Book of the Olympics" was that for the first time in his career, Beamon had sex the night before a competition in Mexico City, and in what I believe the kids call "post-nut clarity" was convinced he had ruined his chances. Then he went out and broke the world record by more than two feet. I can only imagine how he handled subsequent competitions.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Nailed it. Nashville CARES targets LGBT, the poor who often do not have regular access to care, and vital points of information dissemination in minority neighborhoods. This is a disaster waiting to happen in a place where people say, "AIDS and HIV are over."

Driftwood likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is the second time I've seen that phrase lately. Next time I have to name a fantasy baseball team, I'm calling it post-nut clarity.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No doubt. Thie issue isn't a matter of genuine concern that President Biden did anything close to what was done by former President Trump. That clearly isn't the case. The issue is the incompetence in how the matter was handled. They headed Republicans a cudgel to be used against Biden now and if he runs again in 2024, but they also raised a genuine concern his competence, or at least the competence of his staff.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Which begat, if you'll pardon the expression, the condom consumption story that written every Olympiad.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted