1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump on China’s Xi: ‘We love each other’

2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I'm reminded somehow that the Trumper down the country road from my house who flies an assortment of Trumpy flags with the American flag should notice that his latest version, this one the "Impeach Biden" model, is officially tattered and fraying further at the other edges not six months since he put it up. He'll have a new one soon because I guess it's worth it to him to keep buying new flags that wear and get tattered after only a few months in these harsh mid-NC elements. I'm sure he sees the same bang for his buck when Trumps emails hit his inbox.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Because they still hold enough sway in the flyover/bubba states to make sure the Senate is rendered useless because Democrats can't get 60 seats.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Republicans have had a boner for "Red China" since Mao took over in the late 1940s. Their "we lost China" thought process led directly to our becoming involved in Vietnam helping the French, and then directly to our inability to GTFO in the 50s and 60s after the French had pulled out. Anyone who advocated self-determination for Vietnam because it held absolutely no significance, or was absolutely no threat to the United States, or would be a unwinnable morass we could never escape from, was considered "soft on Communism."

See George Ball, LBJ's only foreign policy advisor with a lick of sense on SE Asia.

Nixon is the only Republican president with any worldview in the past 50 years. Unfortunately he was a paranoid bigot.

8. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

And he never drank a Duff in his life! (gratuitous Simpsons reference)

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a flashback episode in "All in the Family" where it showed Mike meeting Archie for the first time. I forget the background but Archie said, "Nixon go to Red China? Never in a million years, buddy. Remember where you heard that first!"

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What about GHW Bush? Former DCI, former Ambassador to China? You'd think that he'd have a pretty clear eyed opinion. Curious, not making assertions I've done no research on.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jake from State Farm likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted